Use the calendar below to view our upcoming classes. Click on the event to view more details and to register if it’s available (green).
GAS DETECTION PROGRAM
Gas Detection Equipment, Toxicology & Atmospheric Testing
$130.00 per person
4 Hour Course
This course is intended for any personnel that will be entering, working in, providing stand-by for or monitoring confined spaces. This course gives the participant the information required to understand units of measure, sensor technology, sensor response and calibration, principals of gasses and principals of atmospheric testing. In cases where a calibration station is utilized by workers, training on the calibration station is added to the course content.
The outcome will leave the student with a clear understanding of how to accurately detect hazardous gasses using a portable gas detector, how to read and understand what the detector is indicating, and how to respond to the reading in order to maintain worker safety.
This course is one component of a confined space training program and when taken by itself is not designed to provide the skills needed to enter a confined space.
- Explain the WCB requirements for confined space verification and testing.
- Understand the units of measure used in gas detection
- Determine risks associated with confined space atmospheres.
- Understand sensor technology and sensor limitations.
- Demonstrate sensor response verification & Calibration.
- Demonstrate correct use of a confined space gas detector.
- Explain atmospheric testing principals and safe work procedures.
- Demonstrate effective atmospheric testing ( of confined spaces when available).
Required: Atmospheric monitor, Calibration Equipment.
Recommended: Confined space entry program, gas testing forms, entry permit.
This course is a class seminar, with demonstrations, discussions and practical exercises including PowerPoint presentation and student handbook.
Students will be required to write a short quiz (pass/fail). All students that pass will be mailed a wallet certificate following the course.