Fire Extinguisher Servicing
By law, all fire extinguishers must be inspected! NFPA 25 requires a hydrostatic testing every 12 months for ABC dry chemical extinguishers. These fire extinguishers must be recharged every six years. 12 year hydrostatic testing is for dry chemical and clean agent extinguishers. After hydrostatic testing, the fire protection technician must attach a label to the fire extinguisher, recording the month, year, test pressure used and name of the fire protection service company.
What we do:
- Six year maintenance
- 12 year hydrostatic testing
- Annual inspections, maintenance and functional tests for portable fire extinguishers
- Locate pressure tamper indicator, hose/nozzle sign, hanger, hazard assessment, WHMIS label
- Ensure that the operating instructions on the nameplate are legible and clear
- Ensure that safety seals and tamper indicators are not broken or missing
- Check for fullness (confirmed by weighing or lifting)
- Inspect for obvious physical damage, corrosion, leakage or clogged nozzle
- Identify that the pressure gauge reading or indicator is in the operational range or position
- Ensure extinguishers are in proper operating condition
- Inspect shell and nameplate
After any maintenance, we install new tamper seals. And we fully document all test results as required by NFPA 10.