According to the CSA Standard Z94.4 all respirator users must receive training prior to use. Canada Safety Equipment Ltd. End User Training emphasizes the worker’s responsibilities of using and maintaining the respirator as instructed.
- User responsibilities
- Covers basic use and care of respirators
- WCB Regulations, CSA Standards
- Nature, extent and effects of respiratory hazards
- Inspection, donning and removal of respiratory protection
- Maintenance, cleaning and storage
- Operation, limitation and capabilities of the respiratory protection
- Emergency and malfunction procedures
This course is a class seminar, with demonstrations and discussions including PowerPoint presentation and student handbook.
Students will be required to write a short quiz (pass/fail). All students that pass will be mailed a wallet certificate following the course.