Over 150 major fires occur in workplaces on an annual basis. Fire is the third leading cause of accidental deaths. WorkSafe BC requires that education and training be provided to employees.
Fire extinguisher training is a 1 hour session and covers –
- How Fires Are Initiated
- How Fires Are Classified
- Extinguisher Responsibilities Of Employees
- How To Extinguish Small Fires
- How To Use A Portable Fire Extinguisher
- How To Inspect A Portable Fire Extinguisher
- How To Identify The Proper Fire Extinguisher
All students that pass will be mailed a wallet certificate following the course.